Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Computer Dvd Changer Essential Reading HALLOWEEN AT THE Samhain

As expected, there is not much time to spend here, but hey, I managed to get a ratillo to let something silly over here. The truth, comes with some delay, but after passing the last bridge (which was the most appropriate date for this post) in Granada, now is when I could spend to upgrade.

I do not know about you, but to me all that stuff to me seems silly Halloween like any other. Yes, it's like a second carnival, a day to giving free rein to the desire content for the rest of the year to make the shrimp, knowing that that day istá "allowed" (more than one is disguised as what comes in wins ... even the Simpsons do ...). Looked well, not bad, but I do not know why but I did not catch your eye. I guess it's something like Santa Claus, is something I have not grown up, something I have not lived since childhood, and I find it funny ... I find it like we want it put in our customs or other , or other. Children (and not so young), they see it as normal ... and removing the fact that strikes me, what I do is quite curious to know what home is.

The truth is that the celebrations are welcome if they entail holidays (especially now that you're a student, who enjoys them all - except those that fall on a Saturday, not "cool" -) . But on Nov. 1 and was a holiday, the day of All Saints (another Chomin also the day of "put a floristeríay sell that day as well as the 364 gave as remaining together ").

For those who did not know, is that at first only martyrs and St. John the Baptist were honored by a special day, but gradually (the anxiety), they were assigned other holy days. There came a time when there were so many that it meant "chaos" then put a day to honor them all (I read somewhere that it was in the ninth century when it was established gave to November 1 for the whole church, and according to Pope Urban IV (who was commanding at that time), was "to compensate for any lack the feasts of the saints during the year by faithful ").

But of course (and here comes the crux of the issue), agreed with the conclusion (pagan) called "Samhain, a Celtic festival that celebrated the end of la crop season. It was the "Celtic New Year" (in Gaelic, samhain (November) means "end of summer"), began the dark season. It hacíaa early November for a week, and ended with the "feast of the spirits." For them the place of spirits was a place of perfect happiness in which there was no hunger or pain. It was like a communion with the spirits of the deceased at that date, were allowed to walk among the living, giving it to people the opportunity to meet with their dead ancestors. To keep esp & iacutee; Spirits happy and ward off evil from their homes, left food out, a tradition that evolved into what today are the children going from house to house asking for candy.

Well, as Christians when they were taking power, described the heretical party, to "camouflage", turned him around in its celebration of "all the martyrs." In this, also welcomed the "vigilance" to prepare the feast (the night of October 31). The previous day before the feast of All Saints was translated into English as "All Hallow's Eve " (V & ialmente at this time in the villages of Pedroches, not that people " me I have no one in the cemetery by chance, but I am " (you are stupid and not know it), or those children in the neighborhood of Albert " naranjazo or treatment" (naranjazo I gave them in the head). In short, the case is to follow the trends ... The worst thing is you have to put up with ...

Since I met my curiosity about what the origin of the tradition (it is Celtic, the Americans just took each those who emigrated from Ireland when the famine), so that always caught my attention is why the use ofyou, but it had (and excess) pumpkins, so the Americans decided to make this vegetable to make jack-o'-lantern.
Why is it of Jack-o'-lantern ? It comes from a Celtic legend about Jack "The Cheapskate"
, a farmer who cheated and mentíaa neighbors and friends. He had many enemies, even the Devil came to see if indeed it was a rival of similar size. Disguised as a normal man he came to town and began to drink with him for hours, revealing his identity after seeing that it was indeed one out & amp; eacute; ntico evil. When Lucifer said veníaa take it to pay for their sins, Jack asked him one more round together as a last wish. The Devil gave him leave to go pay but neither had money, so Jack challenged Lucifer to become a coin to pay the round and show their power. He did, but instead of paying by coin, Jack put it in his pocket, where he wore a silver crucifix. Unable to get out the Devil ordered the farmer to let him free, but Jack haríaa not less than promised return to hell for not bothering over a year. After
isconocido como
Jack of the Lantern
(“Jack el de la linterna”), o Jack-o’-Lantern . And this is the reason for using turnips (and later pumpkins) to light the way to the dead on Halloween, and the reason for decorating homes with these horrendous figures (to avoid Jack call the doorsteps and propose trick or treat). Already

my curiosity was satisfied. As I was reading about the subject, I wanted to share it if you did not know the stories. to another. A kiss.






>> > "Experience is not the number of things that have been, but the number of things that have been thought" (José María de Pereda) \u0026lt;\u0026lt;\u0026lt;


0 comments:

Post a Comment